About the course
To provide the basic knowledge of taxation in Uganda covering all aspects of tax as considered by Government of Uganda. It will form a foundation for Advanced Taxation.
On completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
1. Understand the objectives of taxation and factors that determine the country’s taxable capacity.
2. Understand different forms of taxation and tax administration in Uganda.
3. Compute the different tax liabilities for individuals and corporate bodies.
4. Explain the tax system as it applies to individuals and corporate bodies in Uganda.
5. Prepare and submit tax returns for individuals and corporate bodies.
6. Show an understanding of tax assessments.
7. Show an understanding of the e-tax platform.
8. Handle simple correspondence with tax authorities.
9. Analyse the local and global business environment.
10. Explain the challenges facing entrepreneurs and how to overcome them.
11. Recognise and evaluate business opportunities.
12. Explain the ethical challenges that are met when carrying out taxation issues.