About the Organisation
Learn more about KCB Bank
KCB Bank jobs in Uganda
To champion sales and utilization of transactional and eBanking solutions as the preferred delivery channels in the bank; initiate strategies and products which will ensure growth of:
• Transaction volumes
• Non-Funded Income
• Cheap customer deposits
• Ecosystem opportunity mining and closure
• Platform banking
To co-ordinate sales initiatives with the Relationship Managers & Branch Managers of the bank and to provide optimal support in growing share of wallet and transactional income from the Corporate Banking customer base.
To co-ordinate with helpdesk teams in ICT, Operations, Customer Experience, Retail network, KCB Group subsidiaries to offer exceptional service, experience and obsession to customers while ensuring smooth functionality of all transactional banking products.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Business growth (average current account balances and transaction volumes, value chain mining)
• Relationship Management (customer engagement & all-inclusive support)
• Income Generation & Validation (non-funded income), product reviews, Share of Wallet analyses
• Risk & Governance (Unit process reviews, audit, customer service, staff training)
• Internal & external stakeholder management (client and strategic partnerships, service review meetings, meeting records & reports development)
• Manage the Corporate Banking portfolio in liaison with the Relationship Managers; maintenance of an effective client visits program working closely with RMs for joint sales campaigns, New-to-Bank, New-to-Chanel & New-to-Module acquisitions and follow up including passing product knowledge to the Relationship Managers
• Provide the necessary support to the relationship teams through sales materials, sales drives, concessionary pricing request etc. to ensure sustainable growth of transactional volumes and revenue in line with overall Account Plans & Product Penetration strategies.
• Attend to queries/routine correspondence emanating from internal and external customers; ensure that client information is updated in all the relevant information systems, and when out-dated, liaise with clients to gather the updated information that supports their transactional requirements.
• Manage and retain key client relationships and focus on building strategic relationships with key decision-makers. e) Maintain a proficient knowledge of products, services and capabilities across the bank to ensure relevant and informed client conversations.
• Maintenance of the existing client base and acquisition of new businesses from the market and region in which the KCB Bank Group is represented.
• Development of short term and long-term sales and product plans, focusing on customers, competition, revenue growth, product life cycle and service.
• Gather market intelligence on a continuous basis and leverage the information to ensure KCB Bank Uganda remains competitive from a pricing and product perspective. Utilize market research and competitor benchmarking exercises to help shape transactional banking sales, marketing, product, pricing and service strategies.
• Support in the development and execution of account plans and drive the implementation of the account plans.
• Develop and prepare standard proposals and presentations for banking services that will be pitched to potential clients.
• Achieve set income targets with the RMs (service fees & commissions, forex income, bancassurance)
• Ensure optimized revenue collection on all the transactional banking products by making sure all chargeable fees are collected and in good time.
• Participate in tariff reviews; assess and recommend pricing guidelines for KCBU iBank, cash & other digital products to ensure that we remain competitive and at the same time increasing overall revenue collection.
• Review pricing concessions on an annual basis.
• Develop and prepare customised proposals and presentations for banking services that will be pitched to potential clients.
Risk & Governance / Internal Business Processes
• Develop and support the launching of new initiatives, products, developing enhancements and new product concepts; participate in all LPTs that cut across the transactional banking space and delivery channels.
• Maintain timely and proactive diagnosis of system problems and resolution of the downtimes; work closely with ICT to ensure that the cash management channels are working optimally and that new enhancements and fixes are carried out as per agreed project plan.
• Promote value addition to the rest of the banks departments by working closely with the support departments and back-office Teams to ensure that any process issues that contribute to ineffective service provision are ironed out; provide training to staff if required
• Liaise with the bank’s developers and other internal stakeholders to continuously promote and design competitive products and processes for the Bank.
Internal & External stakeholder management
• Provide MIS and metrics on progress of deals managed and provide input to your Line Manager on customers’ implementation progress and issues, for discussion with the Relationships Managers and the Head of Department
• Understand the market in terms of size, share, structure, potential, customer segmentation, buyer behaviour and competitor analysis within the region and country for cash management products.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the clients’ strategies, business, financial performance, industry outlook/trends, specific segment knowledge and general macroeconomic issues and trends in the country and ensure that this is transferred to the relevant internal stakeholders.
• Coordinate and assume responsibility for compiling and communicating to all department level stakeholders, on a regular basis, information relevant to corporate clients in relation to transactional banking activities. e) Responsible for the implementation and adoption of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes.
CHALLENGES ENCOUNTERED IN THIS JOB
• Ability to prioritise; balance between sales, service implementation and project deliverables
• Income validation effort c. Uncompetitive value propositions
• Interest expense management and steering of deposit mix in favour of CASA
• Multi-country, multi-subsidiary dynamics
Qualifications and Experience
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• A Bachelors Degree is Required
• Any Professional Qualifications is an Added Advantage
• A Masters Degree is an Added Advantage
• A Minimum Experience of 3 years is required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants?Click here to apply
30 August 2023