About the Organisation
Learn more about ALIGHT
ALIGHT jobs in Uganda
Duties and Responsibilities
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Project development, implementation and reporting:
• Contribute to Concept and proposal development in respect to center management Component.
• Contribute to development of project plans /budgets and funding proposals.
• Contribute to grants management of all center management projects through management of day to day project expenditures.
• Provide technical and programmatic leadership to the Center Management Team in respect to project activities.
• Participate in program operational and long term Planning.
• Manage the day to day center activities including activity finances in line with ALIGHT’s financial regulations.
• Ensure prudent utilization of, and accountability for resources allocated to the project.
• Ensure availability and Provision of Firewood for Hot Meal preparation.
• Supervision of Hot meal preparation and Management.
• Ensure provision of Safety and Security to our Persons of Concern.
• Ensure promotion of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
• Carryout Compound Maintenance and Management.
• Ensure Provision of Clean Safe Drinking Water for New arrivals for Kitchen
• Take part in relocation and in distribution of core relief items to persons relocated to settlements.
• Ensure General management of the Reception Center accordingly
• Receive and attend to Donor Missions and Visitors.
• In collaboration with the Programme Manager, proactively contribute to quality and timely, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
Coordination and Representation:
• Collaborate with relevant external technical experts on issues related to Center Management.
• Represent ALIGHT with Local Authorities and other stakeholders in the district of jurisdiction
• Coordinate all center management related activities in the district of jurisdiction.
Staff development and management:
• Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the Center staff members.
• Develop staff performance measurement and targets and appraise them based on the set targets
• Conduct daily field visits to support field staffs-mentoring-through technical back stopping and train duty bearers.
• Uphold ALIGHT’s code of Conduct and principles of accountability.
• Provide support in monitoring financial commitments and expenditures.
• Perform any other duties assigned to you.
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of a University degree in Social Sciences, Arts and Development studies from recognized Institution.
• At least three years’ experience in a similar or relevant role.
• Experience of managing and supervising staff.
• Experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
• Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
• Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
• Computer skills.
• Good organizational and people management skills.
• Strong knowledge of the local population and language.
• Fluency in Swahili and ability to ride a Motorcycle with a Valid License (Class A) is an added advantage
• I have understood my responsibilities as stated above and hereby agree and sign to adhere and to execute them to the best of my ability.
How to Apply
Interested applicants?Click here to apply
23 August 2023